Tuesday, March 28, 2017

my news

This is just a small follow up on my previous post where I list some of the news publications I enjoy reading.

First one on the list is TeleSUR. The South American news network. They have excellent coverage of US foreign policy in my opinion.

Second on the list is Irish Republican News. The bias is right in the title, and to me that conveys trust. Helps me keep an eye on the UK. Their site design is a tad 90's, but their content is usually interesting.

Third one is VICE News. A news source I have to genuinely applaud for coming off as very impartial. Their stories are typically to the point and without spin. They let the people in the stories themselves set the narrative, and only ask questions that drive to inform. There's always bias, like I pointed it out. But VICE clearly makes an effort to keep it to a minimum.

Fourth one is Azadi Rojava. It's a twitter account representing the Kurdish YPG, YPJ and PKK forces in Syria. Majority of them are regular people fighting the Daesh, holding territories in the Northern regions of Syria. It provides live updates and relevant articles on the fighting, and it's a helpful tool in understanding the direct day to day affairs of the Syrian war.

Sometimes I also read more mainstream articles from Al Jazeera, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, MSNBC and similar publications. I take most of their spin with a large grain of salt, and more times than not I feel more amused than informed by its content. But it can help to study these publications for contrast, reflection and criticism. Not to mention open mindedness.

Also this is entirely an opinion piece, I do not claim to own objectivity or truth, and I propagate as much as anyone else does. This is simply my preference that suits my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment